Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next View previous topic | View next topic  
jdfjujfkiew

Stats: Tracker Profile
  • PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:40 pm
    Post subject: 2.5 ASSIST RELEASED!

2.5 Assist is now out!
Visit http://25Assist.com

ABOUT 2.5 Assist
Americas Army 2.5 Assist is deigned to make the process of Installing and getting into AA as easy as possible. If you are new to the game this Application will fully automate the download and installation of the game from it’s own repository server and handle all the needed updates and checks. It will guide you through the process of creating an account and then load your account details automatically when you first play.

If you already have America’s Army 2.5 this Application will make a copy of your existing installation and put it into a completely separate folder so it does not alter your existing installation and then bring everything up-to date. Once you are happy you may delete your old installation of AA if you wish.

Last edited by jdfjujfkiew on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

jOkeR

• PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:09 pm
    Post subject:

But i don't want to copy and delete and stuff, i just wanna use this to like update my PB and stuff.

Is there an option that i don't have to delete my old AA ? Can this deploy just work and update off my old verson ?

Plus i want dusk and border... i got it on 2.8.4 but not on 2.5

Crunk

• PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:13 pm
    Post subject:

It copies your old A*A install as a precaution. I think its a pretty smart thing to do.

You don't have to delete your old A*A, you can if you want... personally if you have the space I'd keep it, *just in case*.

The app does install Dusk/Border, but only puts them in your A*A folder for when you're joining a server that requires it (then moves em out afterwards to prevent PB violations - another smart thing). I believe you need to use the AADeploy serv list to have this functionality (instead of in-game list), but I don't see that as a con.

But if all you want to do is just update PB and that's it, you're better off just having PBSetup -> http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

But what this does that PBSetup doesnt (apart from above), is that every time you launch the app to join a server, it checks for new PB version and updates if need-be. If you use PBSetup alone, you'd have to open A*A, join a server, see that it's updating, then close A*A and run PBSetup to update, then re-join the server to play.

This app saves alot of time.

Hidden: 

Last edited by Crunk on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

jdfjujfkiew

• PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:14 pm
    Post subject:

That was the original idea. But there were major permission problems updating an existing install and people don't like the idea of it changing their AA installation. It will automatically copy it for you and you don't have to delete the old install, just keep it.

jOkeR

• PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:24 pm
    Post subject:

So let me get this straight, its gunna copy my AA verson...and where's this new AA gunna go ? DO i have an option where i want it ? cause i don't want it on my local drive. I play AA of an external..

jdfjujfkiew

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:58 am
    Post subject:

No it stores it in it's home folder under your home folder. so unless you home folder is a an external hard drive you can't do it.

orton

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:07 am
    Post subject:

does the mac one work on intel?

[BM]cy4NiDe!+

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:33 am
    Post subject:

Downloading and trying it out now!!

Just tried, it and I must say; only one work. AWESOME!

Quad

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:44 am
    Post subject:

The night bridge is included in the mappack?
I never tested that map because pb Rolling Eyes

edit: Nvm......Tested it at minuts ago on bridge night and thumbs up to that map mod.
Nice job making that tool
The music is fine too and let us remember if is the original or the moded AA version on Wink

G33K

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:04 am
    Post subject:

Dude, I got 2.6 & 2.5 installed, i try to manual locate it, it wants to do a install or some shit like that.

WTF

I'll let you dream what they mean by that...

VirtualKiller

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:08 am
    Post subject:

Wow, this is really great news for me... including the mAAp is great, maybe it will be used now, let's just wait&see.

Great idea ! Very Happy

Note : Those things are listed twice on the site :
Optionally Install Border and Dusk Map Pack
Optionally Install MAAPpack 4.5 Maps

Spanky

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:11 am
    Post subject:

Quad-Core wrote:
The night bridge is included in the mappack?
I never tested that map because pb Rolling Eyes

edit: Nvm......Tested it at minuts ago on bridge night and thumbs up to that map mod.
Nice job making that tool
The music is fine too and let us remember if is the original or the moded AA version on Wink

I gotta add my two cents if it's about the mAAp Pack Smile There are no PB issues unless the admin of the server that has mAAp Pack installed screwed it up for some reason.

The music has special meaning for a select few people that know what it is. http://maappack.tk is where it is now and where it will always be.

Johnny, how about some credits yo? Maybe we can work together on setting up the mAAp Pack readme as a rss feed and getting it into that program so people can have the newest?

I'll have to try out this program and see what changes can be made to better benefit the community with the mAAp Pack.

Also, it's mAAp Pack. Not MAAp Pack or MAAPPack or something else. I don't know why people have such a hard time with this.

*EDIT*
I second what virtualkiller said, theres no need for the border+dusk install, those maps are included in the mAAp Pack.

Quad

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:17 am
    Post subject:

Hey guys someone know where we edit our binds?
I have binded some messages on user.ini of the normal AA but cant find where i do in the moded version ..Cant find armyops.ini too Embarassed

VirtualKiller

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:20 am
    Post subject:

Spanky wrote:
*EDIT*
I second what virtualkiller said, theres no need for the border+dusk install, those maps are included in the mAAp Pack.

That's not what I meaned,
I was trying to say that in the list of the abilities, thos 1 list items figure twice int the list.
  • Optionally Install Border and Dusk Map Pack
  • Optionally Install MAAPpack 4.5 Maps

But I wee what you mean Spanky, Border & Dusk are included in mAAp, but I also get why they made it 2 separate installs. Some servers are running Pb checks "against" mAAp, but won't kick you for border and dusk.

Quad-Core wrote:
Hey guys someone know where we edit our binds?
I have binded some messages on user.ini of the normal AA but cant find where i do in the moded version ..Cant find armyops.ini too Embarassed

Im not sure about tis, but on mac, the User.ini is located in your ~/library/app support/AA2.5/User.ini which means it's the same file (including the keybinds) for all AA versions.

Quad

• PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:28 am
    Post subject:

On linux we have 1 idle AA folder in the home directory to manage user.ini forceclass files etc
mAAp pack is 1 idle folder there too but cant find user.ini inside
All my binds are inactive wen i launch mAAp pack Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DRAAT 2.5 Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: