DarkRavers Americas Army Tracker b1.30

DRAAT 2.5 Forum Index -> Announcements
DRAAT Tracking Policy: Should we track modded servers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next View previous topic | View next topic  

Should DRAAT track modded servers?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 19 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 38

Crunk

Stats: Tracker Profile
  • PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 am
    Post subject: DRAAT Tracking Policy: Should we track modded servers?

It seems like no one is being tracked anymore, because the only servers that are populated are those which run mods. Thus far, it has been DRAAT policy to not track modded servers, to keep the integrity of the playerstats.

But when that policy was crafted, players were able to join populated normal servers to be tracked. But now, that is not the case. Should DRAAT change with the times? Cast your vote now.

Hidden: 
I know everyone's gonna talk about how they r gonna join unmodded servers and whatnot, but that's not going to happen. Let's keep the chest beating and saber rattling to a minimum please.

Hidden: 

Last edited by Crunk on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

cotton

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:17 am
    Post subject:

Although it gets away from actually game play, you're still playing AA.

skrewy wrote:
althought it does humor me how much u wish u where me

=IHF=KiLLaMaN

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:17 am
    Post subject:

No. modded servers do not show someone's skills at AA.

Crunk

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:18 am
    Post subject:

But right now, by not tracking anyones stats, it's not showing anyones skill at AA.

And in the mods defense, most people who have a old DRAAT profile + a Battletracker account, the stats are very similar even with Battletracker tracking modded servers.

Example (my stats):

Hidden: 

Archibald

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:40 am
    Post subject:

No. I haven't played AA since the mod era began, but from what I understand these mods hold the ability to go invisible, jump really high, or clear the scoreboard. I don't see things like that being an accurate showing of one's skill. I was never one to check my frag rate, but nonetheless I don't see how this could be tracked.

Couldn't an admin turn on respawn, use high jump to leave the map on Pipeline, and "pick his own gun" as the 50 cal to keep aimpoint on assault spawn until the round ends?

Crunk

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:53 am
    Post subject:

Yeah. But in that case I'd probably stop tracking that specific server, and in addition players would probably stop playing there if it happened that often.

Hidden: 

Last edited by Crunk on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Chubbs

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:59 am
    Post subject:

I voted no, but half the 2.5 players dont use Draat. Id like to see 2.5 back the way it used to be, honestly befour UN came, when 6 outta the 12 servers had just bout full server. now i see maybe 3 people on one server. 20 in UN. its really a downfall and it make me want to cry...

AndyFew

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 am
    Post subject:

i shay no because this is one of the few last bits of encouragement for people to join a non-modded server (like SN Very Happy )

if we track UN... er modded servers, then people will have no reason (cept boredrom of n00bl3ts) to go on any other servers

-Addict+

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:32 am
    Post subject:

You kind of have to track modded servers. The server list is almost always empty, people play in modded servers now... so it should be tracked.

-{DG}-!nt3n$!v!ty

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:32 am
    Post subject:

I think tracking servers running a Ultimate mod makes no sense but all others could be tracked

:BTS::Major-Skrewup

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:53 am
    Post subject:

why not track them but under a sub heading -modded servers- and keep it seperate from primary tracked servers?

Even when Skrewy is insulting you there's some undeniable charm to it that you can't hate.

Dann wrote:

You're like God in a flask full of shit

Spanky wrote:

you're a man of few words but when you speak, it's pure truth

Crunk

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:54 am
    Post subject:

=IHF=Major-Skrewup wrote:
why not track them but under a sub heading -modded servers- and keep it seperate from primary tracked servers?

I proposed that awhile back to Darky but it would require too much work, and development on DRAAT has pretty much ceased.

Hidden: 

[SN^^]Jimbo

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 pm
    Post subject:

Crunk wrote:
But right now, by not tracking anyones stats, it's not showing anyones skill at AA.

And in the mods defense, most people who have a old DRAAT profile + a Battletracker account, the stats are very similar even with Battletracker tracking modded servers.

Example (my stats):
huh, I thought BattleTracker isn't supposed to track modded servers like that.

What would tracking stats on modded servers do? "hey look at my FR!! Its 5.6 because I forced an RPG and blew up the other team when they came out of spawn!"

2.3 was fun even after stats weren't tracked. Alot of people don't give a dam about stats. Just if they're getting ownt at the current session, and that's what the F1 button is for.

www.silentnoobs.com/forums

Jobowobo

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:47 pm
    Post subject:

i shay no... im better when people dont have rpg's -.-

[LoB].Legio.CPT

• PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:48 pm
    Post subject:

I concur with Jimbo; I personally couldn't care less if a server is modded or not.

When the game moves away from being remotely realistic (when {DG} set playersize to "dwarf" and gravity to "moon", I usually leave. No offense to {DG}, 'cause it's their server and they can do with it what they want).

I don't ejaculate from high FR, don't jerk off on ROE. The only thing I occasionally look at is my honor level. That's about it.

Then again, I would assume it to be more useful to somehow start tracking servers without a static IP-address (like mine Wink ) more then tracking servers that are yes/no modded.

But I do appreciate the initiative; at this point in time anything that can give 2.5 a bit of a boost is apprectiated!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DRAAT 2.5 Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: